Gatan Plasma System SOLARUS
Description: SOLARUS – A totally NEW advanced plasma cleaning system for removal of hydrocarbon contamination on TEM and SEM samples. Solarus is a new generation plasma system engineered on new concepts and the latest technology resulting in better performance, simplified use and consistent cleaning results.
SOLARUS key features:
- Exclusive H2/O2 gas chemistry (Patent Pending). This unique chemistry provides superior cleaning with less sputter damage of all samples including holey carbon films and further enables samples to remain significantly cooler than if cleaned with the traditional Ar/O2 gas recipe.
- Interactive touch screen interface offers seven pre-programmed recipes with optimized process parameters for greater consistency and repeatability.
- Real-time RF auto-match and variable RF power supply (10W ? 65W) ensure optimum plasma power and low loss under any cleaning conditions.
- Mass flow controllers (MFC) provide accurate gas control for long term plasma stability and support up to three independent process gases H2, O2 and Ar.
- Multi-functional chamber accepts two TEM holders through front ports while multiple SEM samples are loaded through the top opening lid.
- Full-time turbo drag pumping system enables overall faster cycle times. Faster pump down – 50 seconds vs. the competitions’ 3 minutes; Faster venting – 5 seconds vs. the competitions’ 6 minutes.
Rates: Academia rate: $20/hour; Industry rate: $40/hour