UCT Ultramicrotome (Leica)
Description: Ultracut-T (UCT) takes into account the needs and demands of today’s ultramicrotome user and makes use of the latest innovations and technological advances in engineering and electronics. It is suitable for cutting a wide range of materials at the room temperature.
- Automatic feed in 1nm increments from 1 to 1OO nm
- Variable cutting speed can be finitely controlled from 0.05 to 100 mm per second
- Knife holder: glass or diamond knives; rotation +/-30o; tilt 1-15o
- Sample: 360o rotation, +/-25o tilt
- Illumination: Bright/dark field, sample backlight
Rates: Internal Academia rate: $40/hour; External Academia rate: $55/hour; Industry rate: $80/hour