Travel Reimbursement Policy
Reimbursement is limited to once per consortium user and is only available for a user’s initial data collection session (the session during which the user travels to EICN to be trained to use the Titan Krios for the first time). Although users may opt to have multiple personnel from their lab attend the initial data collection session to be trained on the instrument, reimbursement will only be available for one person.
Overview of Reimbursement Process:
- User submits their receipts to the WMC User Coordinator
- The WMC User Coordinator will complete a Reimbursement Request Form on behalf of the user and submit it to the UCLA CNSI Finance Office for review
- UCLA CNSI Finance Office will process the request
- A check will be sent to the user’s preferred mailing address
Costs Eligible for Reimbursement:
- Rental vehicle and gas for rental vehicle (per mile)
- Taxis and other ride-sharing services
Food and drink costs are NOT eligible for reimbursement. The WMC User Coordinator is available to provide clarification if the user has any questions regarding the reimbursement eligibility for any of their incurred costs.
Items Required for Reimbursement:
- Submit receipts in a single Word document (.doc or .docx) organized in chronological order, with receipts separated by a page break.
- Receipts should be at a legible resolution.
- Receipts should indicate the date and amount charged.
- Receipts must indicate a Method of Payment on the receipt itself (i.e. Visa – last four digits). If the receipt does not include a Method of Payment, the user must include a redacted bank statement (with the account number blacked-out) that includes the charge from the submitted receipt.
- If the receipt is for a taxi or other ride-sharing service, or if the user would like reimbursement for gas for a rental vehicle, the submitted receipt should include a map of the route taken during the ride.
- All receipts submitted for reimbursement must be charged to the person applying for reimbursement.
- Preferred mailing address for the reimbursement check
- Please ensure that the submitted mailing address is correct in order to avoid delays
- This mailing address may be a home address, if the user prefers
If the check has not been received within 3 weeks of the Reimbursement Request Form being submitted to the UCLA CNSI Finance Office, please notify WMC User Coordinator. The coordinator will follow up with the UCLA CNSI Finance Office to get an update on the check’s status. Please note that processing time for the check may take longer than 3 weeks, depending on the UCLA CNSI Finance office’s availability.